Monday, February 06, 2006

Knitting Olympics

I love the idea of Yarn Harlot's Knitting Olypmics. There are more participants signed up for this than the actual Olympics! I don't think she had any idea that it would become so huge. Almost every knitting (and a few non-kniiting) blog that I've visited this past couple of weeks has a mention of this Knitting Olympics.

On Friday, Feb 10th, during the opening ceremonies, over 2500 (and counting) knitters from all over the world will be casting on and knitting their Olympic challenge. Wow! Mindboggling and exciting!

I'm going to knit 16 hats...one a day...for the Duulan project. Knitting hats is not a challenge for me but knitting 16 hats and nothing but for that timeframe will probably kill me. I have the attention span of a gnat. It's going to hard not be distracted, considering that I have several projects on the go right now. I have the polworth that I'm currently spinning into laceweight. There's the freshly cleaned Gotland fleece just waiting to be carded and spun. And the biggest temptation of all arrived in the mail today - a box of Kidsilk Haze ready to be knitted into scarves and shawls. But I'm excited. I went through my yarn stash and pulled out stuff that would be appropriate. This Wed, I'm going to the LYS and MAKE SURE I have enough yarn to last me.

No comments:

Post a Comment