Saturday, February 18, 2006

A bit of wool

This followed me home today. I went through my stash and decided I needed more wool for the hats. At the LYS, I found Patons 100% wool. I've never used Patons product before. I was really surprised by the softness of the wool! And it was really quite affordable! I know a lot of people say they're on a limited yarn budget and can't afford good yarn but there are good quality affordable yarns out there. This didn't cost any more than the craft acrylic stuff one finds at Michael's.


This one is going back to the LYS. I think some of the Phentax was mixed up with the Patons balls. They were the same size and I just picked colours. 100% acrylic! It's going back! It hurts my hands just thinking about it!

3 comments:

  1. I love the Paton's Classic Merino. I find it very soft and good to work with. Also, it felts like a dream! You know, if you're into that kind of thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hats all look so nice! Do you use a basic pattern, or do you sort of make them up as you go along? I really commend your efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors. Makes me want to get off the computer and get knitting...

    ReplyDelete