Thursday, October 18, 2007

Don't forget to breathe...

This is scary stuff! I followed the directions for warping the loom, back to front, and I think I'm at the part where I take the lease sticks off. Everything is tied and I've woven a couple rows of "sticky" yarn. Why do I have this horrible feeling that everything will fall apart when I do that?

The hardest part was threading the heddles in the proper sequence. I spent two hours last night and only did 23 threads out of 100. And then I discovered I was out of order. That's what happens when you do things late at night. I left it for today to redo. Tonight, it took two hours to do the whole thing. It really helps when you write out the sequence nice and big and put a mark whenever you finish a set.

Thankful for...
1. Remembering to bring my unbrella today.
2. Good day at work.
3. Inspiration for my Halloween costume - now I need to find a top hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment