Friday, March 16, 2007

One day is just not enough!

I have today off from work and here's a list of things I wanted to do.

1. Make a batch of liquid soap. Not sure if this is a good idea. It takes 4 hours of simmering but too late to change my mind...it's on the stove now.

2. Finally finish the top of my cardigan so I can start the sleeves. I still have ~2" to go. All the knitting I'm doing on this cardigan seems disappear into the black hole of knitting. I think it doesn't help that I get bored of this after two or three rows.

3. Finish spinning the fibre on my wheel.

4. Make some 1" art squares. I've been meaning to do this since December. I have all the stuff and I have a plan. I just didn't have the time.

5. Carve out my rubber stamps. The blocks are sketched out and ready to be carved. I found all my knives and everything is ready to go. Again, need time. I don't like distractions when I'm carving. I always worry that I'm going to cut myself.

5. Clessidria socks - ok, that one has been on my mind for the last few days. I'm been phoning around to see if any of the LYS has Regia Silk in stock. I have 4 - 1/2lb skeins of superwash merino fingering weight in natural white. One skein is ~112o yds. That might be enough for a pair of socks. I could dye that to use for the socks.

6. Replace the zipper on my jacket. This shouldn't take long since I've already done the tedious work of removing the old zipper.

Did anyone noticed that there's not one mention on this list of cleaning or laundry? :D

3 comments:

  1. Lavender - you are a busy gal. I hope there are no interruptions! I would not worry about housework - unfortunately it will not run away.
    I would be interested in how you make liquid soap!
    Don't think the sun will come out today and try to entice you outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you been here for sock yarn:
    http://www.woolneedlework.com/

    Very quick shipping and the prices are good. They are in Canada too so no nasty duty surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:49 am

    Regarding cutting yourself...check into the Lee Valley website. There are knit gloves made of teflon?? to wear as you work. Their goal is to deflect the knife.
    Gillian

    ReplyDelete