Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I love this fleece!

This was all the grunge that was picked from the fleece, pre-washing. No second cuts and VM to speak of. A good fleece.

The fleece was carefully divided up and bagged in mesh lingerie bags. These are great! They're a dollar at the dollar store and are perfect for dyeing and fleece washing. The bags won't last forever but the price is right.

Sunday was a good day for fleece washing - it was warm and sunny. I usually do the first two washing outside because I'm paranoid of the grease clogging up my washing machine. After the initial washes, the rinse/soaks are done in the washing machine with no agitation.

Wet fleece drying on a rack...to accentuate any home decor. I'm just itching to start spinning this.

Thankful for:
1. Fibrefest is two weeks away.
2. I got the Friday off to go to Fibrefest with my friends. Yay!
3. Daffodils and tulips are coming out of the ground.

1 comment:

  1. That is one gorgeous fleece and super-clean!

    I won't make it to Fibrefest until Friday :(

    ReplyDelete