Sunday, June 18, 2006

I must be insane!

I'm putting all knitting and fibre projects on hold for the next two weeks. Now that I think about it, it might not have been such a good idea. My cousin's wedding is in two weeks - July 2nd, to be exact. I have no idea what to get them for a wedding present. They're not registered anywhere and when asked, they say they don't need anything. I hate people like that. Ugh! What do you get them?!

Tonight I decided to knit them a big ol'shawl. Something they can snuggle up together under during the cold Vancouver winter nights. I have just under two weeks...13 days, to be exact...to knit AND BLOCK this shawl! Thank goodness for the stash! I have 4 balls of Zephyr in Emerald green. This stuff will look gorgeous even if I knit the thing plain garter stitch. I've decided on the Madli shawl pattern, expanded to make it wider and without nepps, of course. Having made this once, the pattern is easy enough to knit quickly.

Anyhow, I probably won't be blogging much until this shawl is done (Or July 2nd comes around). I do have a back-up plan if I don't make the deadline. The cheater's way out is a gift certificate from the Bay, with a note that the shawl will follow.

1 comment:

  1. You can do it! It's like your own personal Olympics. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete