|365 new possibilities|
Top 10 highlights and game changers for me:
- Husband retired in September 2014. His job was so hard on him physically. He went back and forth on this but it was the best thing for him and us.
- Son finished university this December. Convocation ceremonies will be in June 2015 but he's all done!
- Son got a job right away in his chosen field with his first application! The interview process was tough but he got the job just right before Christmas. He starts in January.
- Taking the Watercolour painting class. I was nervous about it but I'm glad I did it. It was a small class (3 of us) and we all became friends. Although the classes are over now, we will still get together to paint.
- A close coworker passed away end of January 2014. She was 46. She was was having stomach pains but she came in on the weekend to finish up something to meet a deadline. She pretty much left the office, drove herself to the hospital and passed away a week later. She had pre-existing medical issues that she neglected because she didn't have time. That was a wake-up call for me.
- Another coworker whom I've known for 27 years passed away two weeks before his 60th birthday. He was going to retire and spend more time with his family.
- My boss telling me that although I'm a valued member of the team, the important ones are the ones who are flight risk. On the bright side, at least he was honest about it. I don't feel bad about planning my early retirement. People leave because it's not worth it, not because the work is hard.
- I was told I'm pre-diabetic. It's not serious but it made me take a hard look at my habits and lifestyle.
- My crafts and hobbies are really important to me. I stuck to my plan to create something everyday.
- I can draw! After 50+ years of thinking I can't draw and one needs talent to do so, I learned that it comes with practice. I'm never going to be Michelangelo but I'm ok with that.
Looking at a new year is like looking at a bag of raw fleece...think of the possibilities.