Saturday, December 20, 2014

Easy Quince Tart

Easy Quince Tart


When I came across a recipe called Easy Jam Tart, I can't help but wondered if it's easy for normal people or easy for me, the baking challenged.  I tested it out yesterday and it really is that easy. In fact, so easy and so tasty that I'm making this for Christmas. Quince jelly provided by my friend, Gloria. She regularly gives me a jar of this wonderful heavenly goodness and it is absolutely perfect for this tart. I have enough to make one more tart.

Yummy!


The pastry is a short crust pastry, more crumbly than flaky, and no rolling is needed. Super easy, everything goes in the stand mixer. Super yummy!

My variations:
Bake at 375 deg for 22 mins.
Save the egg white from the second egg to make a wash to brush over the top before sprinkling the Turbinado sugar.
Jam amount used - 1 1/3 cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment