Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Colour blobs and squiggly lines.

When I started watercolour paintings, the brushes I bought are a mix of synthetic and hair, decent brushes without spending great wads of money for sable. I've also tried sable brushes and they are really worth the money but so expensive. I didn't buy them right off the bat because, knowing me, I didn't know if I was going to stick with painting. Then Opus put their Winsor & Newton sable brushes on sale - 25% off. 

I told myself that when I retire, I'm going to treat myself to a set of sable brushes. I couldn't wait that long...they were on SALE!  The practice for the last few days have been just mark making with new paint brushes. The other brushes were good but these ones are glorious! 

Be it knitting or painting, use the best tools and materials you can. It really does make a difference. So true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment